Friday, January 14, 2011

I ♥ Faces Fix it Friday #82



I haven't done a Fix It Friday from I Heart Faces in awhile, but I couldn't resist today! Such a darling picture of a little girl taken by Rachael Durik. Here is the original:
And here is my edit:I loved the composition already, but I just punched it up a bit by cropping it in a little tighter around her face.

Then I ran Pioneer Woman's "Slight Sharpen" action. Why? It's what I do with all my pics. I am a creature of habit! Next I used the healing brush and patch tools to diminish the dark spots under her eyes.

Then I used the Hue/Saturation layer to get rid of the blue color cast and brighten up her skin. There is a fabulous tutorial at The CoffeeShop Blog that will show you how to do that! Finally I ran Coffeeshop's Perfect Portrait 2 and adjusted the layers: I brightened and defined the eyes. I also painted "eye define" on her lips to bring them out a bit. I painted "Urban Grit" on her hair to define it a little and I used the "Get the Red out" layer on her skin. And, Voila! There you have it. Whew! View all the other fabulous edits over at I ♥ Faces !


2 comments:

  1. great! love her eyes and her pink lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! See mine and leave the comment too at www.ilonadorotaphotography.com/blog

    ReplyDelete