Friday, April 2, 2010

The Secret to Happiness




I have discovered the secret to happiness in my house: creativity. Everyone in my family, from my husband, to me, to my kids are happier when we are creating something. For me, I love taking pictures, cooking, knitting, gardening. Anything I am doing, I love just creating. The same goes for my kids. They are 6, 4, and 2 and if you give them crayons, scissors, paper, and tape they will be happy for HOURS. I recently discovered this about my husband as well. He loves to remodel and build things. Give him a project and he is happy.

We are a creative family, though I never realized this until recently. We get cranky when we aren't creating something. So, I pledge to get the crayons out more often with out complaining about the mess of glue and scraps littering the floor. I pledge to do something creative everyday with photography and design (which I hope this blog will help me with) and I pledge not to cringe as much when I get home and find my husband has ripped out light fixtures and torn up carpet in an impromptu remodeling project!

1 comment:

  1. Photography for me and art stuff for my kids as well keep us entertained. My husband is not so creative though so he prefers watching other people's creativity!

    ReplyDelete